Thursday, April 9, 2009

More entries

You can tell that the deadline for production is rapidly approaching. More and larger shipments have ben pouring in regularly. Most recently I received a big box from Goodman Games yesterday, and huge boxes from White Wold and Green Ronin. Electronic products have started to come in with a bit more regularity as well. I just started looking through Swords and Wizardry, and last night layed around with D&D Insider for the first time.

I have to say that I'm incredibly pleased with the quality of this year's entries. It's still a little early to start choosing nominations (most entries tend to come pretty close to the deadline at the end of May), but as I went back through products to begin early sorting it struck me just how hard some of these categories are going to be to fill.

And that's just what I have to work with now. I can't help but look at books that have been recently released (or are scheduled to come out in the next couple of weeks) and wonder if any of those will make their way to us.

I hope so. This is the most difficult, and my favorite, part of the process.

No comments: