Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's going on

So, obviously I've been quiet again the last couple weeks. We're getting toward crunch time, and it shows. The number of products I've gotten in the last few days is pretty staggering, and there are several more that I'm expecting in the next week or so.

The final day for submissions is fast approaching. Everything that is to be considered for this year needs to be in the mail and on it's way by June 1, just six days away.

I'll work on a list of everything that's come in since my last blog tomorrow, and I'll update the big list when I do. Today along I received four packages, including some more books from Fantasy Flight, Mouse Guard, and two more podcasts. I'd have to look at my notes, but I believe we have enough entries for a solid podcast award this year. Our only real worry at this point is the Website category, which is sorely lacking.

So, if you know anyone that has a site or blog that you'd like to see considered, please ask them to enter. It's easy for people to see all the great books and services that publishers put out, but forget the contributions of the community. I'd hate to see that happen. It's the community, not the companies, that make our hobby thrive.

No comments: