Friday, May 11, 2007

Ship ahoy!

Which is more sad, that I spent like an hour trying to come up with something clever to say, or that was the best I could come up with. I was trying to think of something clever and witty to say about the fact that I just got a freakin' galleon in my mailbox, but either there's nowhere to go with the whole ship thing, or I'm not as clever and witty as I had hoped.

I keep hoping it's the former, but I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Anywho, seeing is believing, so hopefully Mr. Amodio doesn't mind me linking to the pictures on his site.

The ship itself is beautiful, clearly marked with 5' squares and ready for use with minis.

It's made in three levels, which separate in case your characters go below decks, and comes with a number of likewise beautiful wooden counters representing cannons, powder kegs, and even fire.

Every surface is clearly marked for use, even the cross-beams for the sails can bear your chosen minis, so you can feel free to swash-your-buckle anywhere on board.

Doorways and stairs are marked, and the cargo hatch even has a hole that goes straight through to the bottom deck.

There are even separate levels for the cabins and such on the top deck.

This thing is amazing.

Every once in a while you see something and know it has to be inserted into your game somehow. For me, this was one of those things. I'm going to have to re-write tonight's adventure.

I don't even know how to rate it. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it an "awesome".

I guess that makes it my very first 10.

No comments: