Saturday, May 12, 2007

Where I'm at

In a thread over at RPG.net I said that I had read 40 or 50 books so far. Last night, when one of my players asked how much I had read, I said I thought it was close to 100. That didn't sound right, so I actually went through and counted all of my notes, and I thought I'd share some actual numbers.

Thus far I have received 103 products for review. I know there is a shipment from IPR still outstanding, and a copy of Burning Empires, but for now that is all I actually have stuffed into the two large boxes in my living room.

I have read 68 of those. That does include products that aren't actually books, but doesn't include fan sites or podcasts. I have actually rated 27 of those 68 products. The rest I'm still thinking about, or I'm waiting until I review the rest of the line.

So, as we approach the end I'm roughly 2/3 of the way finished. Assuming, of course, that nothing else comes in.

That's not really the whole story though. There are a number of books that have gotten put off for a while for various reasons. The 35 books that remain include some of the largest and most popular selections. Ptolus is in there, as is Qin, and a whole box full of WFRPG books. Still, it's getting done, and the remaining time should be plenty to finish it off with no real problems unless a lot more stuff comes in that I'm not expecting.

Anywho, just thought I'd share. I probably won't be blogging again this weekend, but I'll be back by Tuesday with a review of Qin, which is sitting next to me as I type, waiting to be read.

No comments: