Thursday, February 19, 2009

The books of Expeditious Retreat Press

Everyone in my house is sick except me, which basically means we're all sitting around the house doing nothing, hoping the wife and kids get better before we leave Friday afternoon.

It did give me some time to flip through the new books I received though.

Here's a quick list:
  • The Seven Shrines of Nav'k-Qar, an OSRIC adventure.
  • The Sarcophagus Legion, An OSRIC adventure.
  • Plague, a 4e sourcebook detailing the use of disease in a campaign.
  • The Barrow Grounds, a 4e adventure setting.
  • Cesspools of Arnac, a 4e adventure setting.
  • The Woods of Woe, a 4e adventure setting.
  • The swamp of Timbermoor, a 4e adventure setting.
  • Advanced Players Guide, a 4e sourcebook with a ton of new character options.
All in all I'm hugely impressed. I haven't had much opportunity to do more than flip through them, but there are some really neat ideas. Seeing Ari Marmell's name on the cover of the Advanced Player's Guide is always a good sign, and I really like the idea for the Lands of Darkness series. These books, all those listed as "adventure settings" above, give the details for an individual area, giving a map and list of encounters appropriate for a specific range of levels. These sorts of things have always appealed to me.

Anywho, I'm off for a while, but I'm going to try and maintain my current frequency of posting, now that I'm not actively reading a ton, when I get back. Look for more updates, and less superficial ones, in about a week.

No comments: