Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Midnight Syndicate

Well, I managed to read about five pages last night, so not a huge amount to talk about today. I got a Midnight Syndicate CD (Out of the Darkness) today, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Hopefully I'll find some time after the kids go to bed.

I've mentioned before that I'm not much of a background music kind of guy. I know it works well for some people, but I'm easily distracted, and constant noise in the background tends to pull me out of the game, rather than help me get into it.

That said, I really like the atmospheric stuff that I've heard from Midnight Syndicate, and I'll definitely be giving it a try. The first exposure I had to them was the CD that came with the (rather excellent) Goodman Games adventure Cage of Delirium. Listening to that music while reading the adventure really added to the whole experience, so I'll at least run that CD while play-testing the game.

I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments: