Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Monte Cook is trying to ruin my system.

Okay, it may not be on purpose, but he's done it none the less.

Ptolus intimidates the hell out of me. Seriously. I know it's not much larger than two regular-sized core books, but damn it's big. Every time I go to pick it up, hoping to get started reading it, I just put it down and pick up something else. I know I have to read it, heck I want to read it, and soon, but it frightens me.

The damn thing is staring at me, I can feel it.

Okay, so that's a bit dramatic, but it is certainly big, dense, and thorough. I can't imagine how the average person retains all of that knowledge.

So, in case you haven't guessed yet, I got my box from White Wolf today. As I pointed out elsewhere, those guys know how to protect a book. The books were well staked inside a box filled to the brim with packing peanuts. That box was then placed inside a larger box, likewise overflowing with little foam Guardians of Shipping.

I'll add the list of books to the left, but there are quite a few, and unfortunately I've barely glanced at them. Promethean is there, as is Scion, and a couple Exalted books (no Lunars, but it does include Dragonblooded). There's also a nifty looking card game for the new Regalia category.

I have some small experience with Scion, but I'm really excited to dig into that book. Our group had a blast with it, and it seems to be the kind of system that's right up my alley.

I already owned copies of all the Exalted books they sent, so that'll make those ones a bit easier to review. I still haven't played with the rules yet, so that'll have to be added to my to-do list.

All in all it's an excellent showing. I can't wait to get them read.

Even you Ptolus... Even you...

No comments: