Sunday, March 4, 2007

New Blog

Welcome to everyone who has found their way here.

I created this blog to chronicle my efforts as a judge for the ENnies this year. It's my first time doing this, and I'm very exited about the prospect.

First, I want to thank everyone who voted for me. You guys did a great job getting out there and making it happen in a big way.

I also wanted to explain a little bit about what made me want to be a judge. There is the obvious drive to be a part of something that I consider to be a real boon to the industry, and the chance to do something really interesting, but what made me actually take action is a bit different.

You see, I'm a classic lurker. I've been a part of many online communities for years, but my posting is very deliberate, and I don't really say much unless I have something that I think is really useful to interject. On ENWorld, for example, I've been a member for for going on five years, but have around 250 posts to my name. It's not that I don't read what people say, heck I check in several times a day, I just don't participate.

Here that changes.

I was on RPG.net, listening to people complain about the ennies being too d20-centric and thinking that, if it really bothered them, why didn't they just run for judge and do something about it. That was when it occurred to me that I should take my own advice.

So I applied, and obviously, I was chosen. It's a huge honor, and though I know it'll be a lot of work, I'm looking forward to it. When else do you get to share your views on games with such a large audience? How many people really get a chance to steer other players to truly exceptional games?

Thank you to everyone who gave me the opportunity.

No comments: