Tuesday, June 12, 2007

1,000 pages per day

That's my goal. It's not a goal I hit with any degree of frequency, but that's what I shoot for. 1,000 pages per day, four to five days a week.

I bring this up because I saw a forum post that asked how much of what is submitted actually gets reviewed. In my case, I can honestly say all of it. I'd go far enough to say that I believe the other judges feel the same.

I'm no speed reader, and it's a huge time commitment, but it's also a heck of a lot of fun. In my case it's made possible by the fact that I have 12 hours each night that I work, more-or-less uninterrupted, to read. It's all I do. As my players can attest, everything else has fallen by the wayside as time grows short, but my reading presses forward.

At some point I'll have to write about the actual process, such as it is. Mostly though it envolves sitting around on my rear end a lot, and carrying books with me everywhere I go. There are two boxes taking up an end-table in my living room, a backpack beside my bed, another backpack in the passenger seat of my car, and a small stack on the back of the couch where I am currently sitting. It's all ENnies entries.

I love it. My wife... less than thrilled :)

So, what do you do when you've got around 200 books scattered throughout your house?

You read. 1,000 pages per day.

No comments: